Last updated: November 4, 2021
This Policy does not apply to PII collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible via the Service.
Note to HIPAA Covered Entities: The eMoods Insights Service is not an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) service, nor does it provide for the storage and maintenance of medical records and should not be used as such by any clinician/healthcare providers using the Service. As a Covered Entity, you remain solely responsible for maintaining original medical records of any patient. In the event you create new/original content through use of the Service, you agree, to the extent applicable, to incorporate such content into your existing EMR and shall not rely on the Service to store or maintain such content as an “original” medical record.
PII That You Provide Us
The PII that we collect on or through the Service may include:
- Information that you enter into forms on the Service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Service and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Service.
- Questions, communications, or feedback you submit to us via forms or emails.
- Request for customer support or technical assistance.
- Uploads or posts to the Service.
In these ways, we may ask you for your name, fictional username, email address, payment information, and information about how you have used the Service.
PII That We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you use the Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your equipment and browsing actions, including:
- Details of your visits to the Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, and the resources that you access and use on the Service.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We collect this information to help us understand how people use the Service, how we can improve its speed and how we can make it easier for people to use it. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
How We Use Your Information
We use PII to:
- Provide the Service to you.
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Let you know about changes to the Service or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts that you enter into with us, including for billing and collection.
If we use your email address to communicate with you (with the exception of transactional emails regarding your use of the Service), we will provide you with the option to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails.
How We Disclose PII to Others
We will not sell, rent, license or disclose PII to third parties except:
- to work with third-party companies that we use to provide the Service or other products that we offer (“Third-Party Services,” below);
- to share with advertising agencies that we work with, which may use your name and email address to contact you;
- where we believe it is necessary to respond to legal claims asserted against us, to comply with legal process (e.g. warrants and subpoenas), to enforce or administer our agre, to prevent fraud, for risk assessment, for investigation, and to protect the rights, property or safety of Us, our users or others.
- to subsidiaries or affiliates that we may have today or in the future;
- to disclose to another company in the course of a business acquisition, merger or sale of assets;
- with your consent; and
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use to share your data with your physician, friend or another third party, we will send the contents of that email and your email address to the recipient.
- For HIPAA Covered Entities: To the extent permitted by any applicable Business Associate Agreement.
We use various Third-Party Services to operate the Service. These include Aeris Weather, Algolia, Digital Ocean, Dropbox, Facebook Login, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Drive, Google Firebase, iCloud, Laravel Forge, Mailchimp, Mailgun, Nexmo, Stripe, Statcounter, and Paubox and may include others in the future.
Third-Party Services collect, use and share PII pursuant to their own privacy and security policies. Some of them, including Google, may use location information and other PII to serve advertisements to consumers on other websites. By using our Service, you consent to our providing PII with Third-Party Services to be used in accordance with their own privacy and security policies as they exist today and as they may change in the future.
For more information about how Google’s services use PII, see “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services.”
We use reasonable efforts to protect your PII from unauthorized access, but we cannot guarantee that it will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. By using the Service, you (a) consent to our using PII as described in this Policy notwithstanding this risk; (b) waive any claims against us relating to the interception, use or disclosure of PII by third parties unauthorized by us; and (c) agree to notify us promptly if you suspect any unauthorized usage of PII.
For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit www.ftc.gov/privacy.
To access or use the Service, you must be at least 18 years old and have the requisite power and authority to understand and consent to the practices described in this Policy. No one under age 18 may provide any information to the Service unless it is with the knowledge of a provider and consent of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18.
Your Rights With Respect to PII
You may withdraw your consent to further use of your PII by emailing a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request in accordance with the law that applies to you. Your PII which we processed prior to your request may not be deleted from our Site system records but will be blocked from further processing without your permission. A request to withdraw consent may not apply to information collected by tracking technologies or used internally to recognize you and/or facilitate your visits to the Site, or information we may keep to comply with legal requirements.
To access, update, edit or delete the PII that we keep, please simply update or delete your PII manually in the Service’s interface or email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to make the change.
“Do Not Track” Technology
If you use Do-Not-Track tools to prevent websites and software products from tracking your online behavior across websites, please be aware that we do not change the way the Service works (as described in this Policy) in response to requests not to be tracked. You may, however, be able to disable certain tracking signals used by individual Third-Party Services, which you may do by accessing those services.
Cookies and Other Storage Technologies
When you use the Service, we or our Third-Party Services (including Facebook, but only if you “opt in” to using Facebook as a way to log in to the Service) may use tools to collect information about how you use it. These tools may include cookies, web beacons or other storage technologies that store users’ IDs or passwords to personalize web pages that they see and provide website analytics. We may also use these tools in advertising the Service. You are welcome to opt out of our use of these tools with you, and you can learn more about how to do so at the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Webchoices page, European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA)’s Framework and the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt Out page.
No Rights of Third Parties
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties, nor does it require disclosure of any information relating to users of the Service.
Limitation of Warranties
We make no representations, warranties or promises about the security of PII except as stated expressly in this Policy and applicable addenda or where required by law.
For More Information
Please direct any questions about this Policy to firstname.lastname@example.org